DescriptionHigh Accuracy Refractometer! Red Sea’s Seawater Refractometer offers exceptional accuracy, for measuring the absolute salinity of seawater at a temperature of 25°C/77°F. Most refractometers used within the aquarium hobby are not specifically designed for reef aquariums and use an algorithm for the measurement of brine (NaCl – rather than seawater) and at a temperature of 15°C/59°F rather than 25°C/77°F. Thus, a measurement deviation of up to 1.5ppt is possible, which can have a significant adverse effect on coral growth and coloration. Main features of Red Sea’s Seawater Refractometer include:
- Directly reads the absolute salinity of seawater at 25°C/77°F ( No need for seawater or temperature compensation factors)
- Specifically designed for the ionic content of seawater (NSW) for more accurate salinity measurement (industry standard refractometers are calibrated for salt brine ).
- Calibrated for seawater (NSW) at 25°C/77°F, the normal temperature range for reef aquariums (most standard refractometers are calibrated at 15°C/59°F ).
- Easier to read, higher resolution display, focussed to the relevant range for reef aquariums of up to 40ppt
- Includes Integrated Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC) for accurate measurement at standard ambient temperature.